Have small wart on the white left eyeball and busted veins. Worrisome

hi dr i have a small wart on the white left eyball and some busted vaines i am 73 years old .i am worried do you have any advice.thank you very much.helmut
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 43 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Conjunctival (bulbar - white part) wart would need a consultation with the ophthalmologist to assess the type of surgical removal needed. Many options are available nowadays like laser, thermal, microsurgery. The course has to decided based on your specific condition and health.

Busted veins - most likely due to microvascular changes due to the backdrop of your long history of diabetes. Good control of sugar levels for long periods would prevent this from happening. Again, not only the white part of eye (bulbar conjunctiva) but more importantly, the retina (inner eye) needs a regular exam by the ophthalmologist which in that case is called diabetic retinopathy. Here too, removal options as above are necessary if normal healing does not occur.

Do not worry much, but get yourself examined thoroughly as explained above. So, you would need a good correlation between your eye specialist for your present conditions and primary care physician for your regular diabetes control as necessary.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.