Have small spots on penis. What could this be?

Dermatologist
Question
I have a small spot on my penis by the opening just below or above my thumb in the pic depending on your view. What could it be?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
In the image attached I could see slight hypopigmentation or a white patch.
This could be due to vitiligo, any previous lesion on penis that healed with white patch or due to lichen sclerosus et atrophicus of penis.
I would like to know
Since how long this lesion is present
If it is associated with severe itching or difficulty in micturition or thin urinary stream etc
How did this lesion begin any preceding lesion etc.
if you applied some medicine over this area that led to such white lesion etc
Answering these queries would help me in assisting you in a better way.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Have small spots on penis. What could this be? 2 hours later
I had a circumcision on 02 Nov 12 and have been taking Betadine Antiseptic Ointment and Bactroban topical ointment. its been nearly 2 months i think now since i have seen the lesion.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 4 minutes later
Kindly let me know if these lesions are itchy or you noticed any change in urinary stream. Also let me know if with application of betadine or bactroban you had developed any kind of irritation redness or blistering at the site of these white lesions.
Hoping to hear from you soon. Answering these queries would help me in suggesting suitable treatment

Follow-up: Have small spots on penis. What could this be? 3 minutes later
I do feel a slight itch after i urinate now that u mention it but didnt think it was from that. I have not applied the medication to it. I applied it around the stitching after removal of the foreskin.
what other change should i notice in the urinary stream

Thanks for writing back.
The queries directed were just to ascertain if this hypopigmented spot is due to some pathological cause or due to normal process of healing. As you are not having any complaints, it seems it is post inflammatory hypopigmentation due to circumcision procedure.
It is not going to cause you any problem but may be cosmetically displeasing. Either you can leave the whitish patch as such or may apply a mild steroid cream like fluticasone cream once in a day and tacrolimus ointment once in a day over affected area to regain color. As these are prescription drugs I would advise you to remain under a dermatologist's follow up.

Hope that helps. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.