Have small sized eggs. How can I conceive?

May 2013
I have small-size eggs ,how can I conceive?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Ovaries will have ovarian follicles.
These will release ovum. And ovum will get fertilized to form fetus.
Can you please clarify whether you are mentioning about ovaries or ovarian follicles.
So that I can guide better.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Have small sized eggs. How can I conceive? 24 minutes later
Dear Doctor, the egg size is the issue-meaning if egg size is "small"" ,will I be able to conceive ? will injections or potents help or ivf/WHAT IS LIKELY TO HELP WITH CONCEPTION IF EGG SIZE IS UNDER "NORMAL""?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
According to your description I am thinking that you are having small ovarian follicles or eggs.
Some women may have problem in development of ovarian follicles.
Usually these condition can be treated by treating the cause.
You can consult gynecologist on your first day of your periods, to get tablets for ovulation induction.
After that she may give HMG injections to you on around 6th and 7th days, which will help in increasing the size of the ovarian follicle.
After that you may need HCG injection for rupture of the follicle.
If other parameters like tubal patency, seminal analysis of the husband etc. are normal, you can conceive naturally or by Intrauterine insemination.
If there are any other associated problems your doctor may advice IVF to you.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.