Have small bruises on thighs. Purple colored and ring shaped. Could this be a sign of my B12 being low?

I woke up a few days ago with small bruises on my right dinner thigh a few inches above my knee. They are about dime size,purple and shaped like rings. Could this be a sign of my B12 being low? Or something more Serious? Thank you
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could you please upload any picture for the bruise

Detailed Answer:

It would be of great help if you could send a picture of the bruises to get a more precise answer.

In lack of that picture, I would like to know if you have had any recent accident inside the house or outside. - Usually such trauma would lead to bruises, especially, when there is a deficiency of vit. B12 as in your case.

Do not worry, the bruises would go away in few other days. Actually, yours is under the healing process as they are already formed the bruises ring, indicating healing.

- Normally, within the 48 hours, you can apply ice or cold clothes to the bruising area and keep the thigh raised.

- After the first 48 hours, it is good to apply a warm cloth after soaking in warm water. Within few days, everything will be ok.

In case in the upcoming days, you see that the bruising area is swollen or it is very painful, you should go to ER to evaluate further problems.

This is all I can help for now. You can upload the picture of your thigh bruises and I can help more specifically.

Thank you and take care.