Have small boils on foreskin. Noticed blood oozing out and also observed swelling. What to do?

I got a small boil on my foreskin just below the head around four days back.Over the last four days there seems to have developed three or four boils together with it to become a super-boil. It was not paining before but now there seems to be little pain.Also the super-boil has a black-center top.Earlier this morning there was a tiny drop of blood oozing from it.Also the entire boil sits on a little bigger swollen area.

I am quite scared about this. What do i do about this?? Will this be alright eventually even if i dont do anything about it??

Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

From your history it seems that you are having skin infection on foreskin. If you can upload a photo of the lesion, I will be better able to help.

From your description, it seems to be due to:

1, In growing hair follicle infection or,
2, Collection of smegma under foreskin giving rise to infection.

You may require topical and oral antibiotic treatment.
You may take one of the following antibiotic Azithromicin or Amoxicillin, Clauvinic acid combination capsules. This is not available on OTC, so consult your doctor and discuss.

Apply topical antibiotic cream locally.
Keep local hygiene clean and healthy.
Clean your local part by averting foreskin of glans with plane water while taking bath and remove collection of smegma daily.

I hope I answered your query to your satisfaction.
If you have more query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to answer it.
Follow-up: Have small boils on foreskin. Noticed blood oozing out and also observed swelling. What to do? 2 hours later
Thank you so much for your response..

Now it is more of pus secretion from various sides of the boil.Not much but little.. The pain also has subsided. Does this mean its gettin cured?? Or is it getting more severe??

And what about the swollen area on which the boil sits..?? Will it go away eventually??

And also, how long will it take to get cured natuarally?

And finally...Is this going to be a permanant problem??
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 4 hours later

Now as pus is coming out, the pain is relieved.

The chances of cure is better if you can clean the area with diluted antiseptic lotion and apply antibiotic cream. You may take antibiotics as mentioned in my earlier reply. It will fasten the healing. Most often the boil will heal within 2-4 days of antibiotic use.

You did not upload the picture; I might be able to provide adequate information if you can upload the picture here.

This will give permanent relief if taken care of local hygiene.

I hope I answered your query to your satisfaction. Let me know if you need clarifications.