Have small black spots on arms. How to get rid of this?

Jul 2012

On my upper arms front side, I have a lot of small black spots from last 5-6 years which don't itch usually but look dirty. How can I remove them, pl suggest some medication. No history of this in family, looks like pigmentation but I dont think it is that. Pl suggest.
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there.
Can you upload a clear snap of the region.
It does appear from your description to be a fungal infection called Pityriasis Versiclor.
If you like, i can recommend some creams/tabs for the same but you may need a prescription from your dermatologist on the ground.
Also remember if fungal, simple 2% ketoconazole soap used daily w& left on contact for 10 mts daily on the region followed after bathing by vigorous rubbing with a towel & treatment of fomites with hot water & drying well in sunlight will help.
Please do revert to me with a photograph for best results. Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD