Have small black mole inside of lower lip. Could it be cancer related?

Critical Care Specialist
I have a small black mole i just noticed on inside of my lower lip. I am worrried it could be cancer possibly hpv related
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Its extremely unlikely that the black mole you have is cancer, related to HPV. HPV is linked to cancers in the genital regions. But I would like you to send a picture of the mole so that I can have a better picture. We would know what it is definitely by doing a biopsy. You would need to see a dermatologist for that.
Please use the ‘Upload your reports’ section on the right to send us a picture