Have sinus problem. X-ray showed arthritis in wrist and found sugar in urine test. Any suggestion?

Feb 2013

My name is XXXXXXX I am 67, I have physically worked all my life (hate desk jobs), I am a country boy, and I have been in very good health all my life except for sinus problems and that left me when I started build Earth Shelter homes in 1982 ( WWW.WWWW.WW . Recently--3 weeks ago-I stumbled , feel on my right hand. The next day I started having pains shoot from my right hand to my right shoulder and back. I have had my hand, right arm, and my shoulder all xrayed showing no fractors only some arthritus in my right wrist. Today the pains have deministed some, but often wake me up at night. Oh, since then ---SOMETIMES--both my hips have an osolating pain. I do not take aspirn because of my ears. My Va doctor has informed me I have sugar in my urine--my count was 140. Can you suggest anything?

Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
The pain you are experiencing in your hips may be related to the age related osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
And you informed by your doctor that your urine containing sugar.
It indicates that the blood glucose is high and requires further evaluation with fasting blood sugar, post lunch blood sugar, and HbA1c level to rule out diabetes mellitus.
Diabetes can cause pains due to the involvement of peripheral nerves in uncontrolled and longstanding patients.
So I advise you to consult your Physician and go for evaluation with the investigations for diabetes and osteoporosis.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.