Have shallow hip, developed tingling in toes and fingers. Had black out. Underlying cause?

Nov 2013

i've been told i have a shallow hip from just after getting pains in the hip i have developed tingling in the toes and fingers could i also be compressing a vain or artery because the other day i blacked out and hit my head and since then the tingling to the toes has stopped but when i walk the feet throb and i wondered if i compressed a vein enough to stop the supply to the brain and thats why i blacked out and when i exsert by walking the throbbing starts
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 34 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, it is possible that there is a pinched nerve at the lower back (lumbar) region, which can give rise to pain in the foot and toes, along with tingling, which can worsen on walking.

Regarding the reduced blood supply to brain, it is less likely in the absence of risk factors (such as high BP, cholesterol or sugars, and smoking).

A deficiency of vitamin B 12 should also be excluded (by a blood test) that could lead to tingling of fingers and toes.

I hope this helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: