Have severe stomach pain. Getting stabbing feeling near breast bone. Could it be stress related?

Jan 2013

please help me figure out whats wrong. I have severe stomach pain from time to time. It happens atleast once a week. I get a stabbing feeling right under neath my breast bone . Then all my muscles under my rib cage tighten up. Pressure helps but I almost always end up in the floor curled up in a val, screaming. It lasts for about 4 hours. It feels like a gallbladder attack but I had my gallbladder removed in 2007. It can happen after eating, while eating, its woke me up in the middle of the night on several occasions. I've hurt so bad before I've went to the emergency room and they blame it ob stress.
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
You are most likely suffering from gastric ulcer disease.
Your pain is increasing after meal and empty stomch.
You should go for UGI endoscopy, chest x XXXXXXX
You should also consult with physician/ gastroenterologist.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging and CT Scan .
sometimes gall stones may remain in CBD and matly cause pain
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Have severe stomach pain. Getting stabbing feeling near breast bone. Could it be stress related? 2 hours later
Ive had no tests done. The doctors in my small town apparently have gotten their degrees out of a cracker XXXXXXX box. I have suspected ulcers from the research ive done but my dr keeps telling me its just stress pains and refuses to do any other testing. Thanks, I will definiatley suggests some of these tests.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 minutes later
Thanks for appreciting my views.
Hope you will recover with better diagnosis and excellent therapy.
Get well soon.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava