Have severe stomach ache in periods. Suggest some medicine

I have severe stomach ache at the time of periods. Its unbearable. Can u sugest me some medicine.
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 22 minutes later
Most women have some pain during periods. The pain is often mild but, in about 1 in 10 women, the pain is severe enough to affect day-to-day activities. The pain can be so severe that they are unable to go to school or work. Doctors may call period pain 'dysmenorrhoea'.

Primary dysmenorrhoea is the most common type of painful periods. This is where there is no underlying problem of the womb (uterus) or pelvis. It often occurs in teenagers and women in their 20s.

Treatment consists of warmth and pain killers.

Warmth: you may find it soothing to hold a hot water bottle against your lower abdomen, or to have a hot bath. The pain often does not last long, and this may be all that you need.  A warm bath or shower may also help.

Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory painkillers: these can greatly ease the pain in about 7 out of 10 cases. They work by blocking the effect of the prostaglandin chemicals that are thought to cause the pain. Also, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories usually reduce the amount of bleeding. There are several types and brands, and most need a prescription. However, you can buy one type (ibuprofen) at pharmacies.You can take this in the dose of 400 mg three times a day for 2 to 3 days.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck