Have sciatica like pain in left buttock. Sitting up and sleeping all the time. Strained when defecating. What could be the cause?

I weigh 450 pounds and have sciatica-like pain in my left buttock. I sleep sitting up and am sitting virtually all the time during the day since I work at home; is this likely to be the cause?
(I have also strained when defecating for I don't know how long.)
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

The first thing noted is your weight. Although the height you might have, your weight is to be considered seriously.

Your body bones and supporting joints are designed to support a specific weight. When this limit weight is over-passed, problems would arise, with pain being the commonest one.

So, to reduce such pain, apart taking advil, you should start thinking seriously of losing weight. Some strategies include implementing healthy diet plans and start exercising until sweat (start with walking first, then, running or jogging until sweating).

Next, I would also recommend to do and X-ray to exclude probable sciatica problems.

With regards to straining during defecation, I would ask if you have been constipated recently or not?

If yes, I would kindly ask to do the fecal testing for ova/parasites, coproculture, and culture for candida infection.

Do you suffer of hemorrhoids? That could be an explanation.

If constipation is your problem, whatever the cause, I would suggest to increase the amount of water intake and eat more foods XXXXXXX in fiber.

Hope it answered to your inquiry!