Have runny nose. Feeling dizzy and numbness in face. What could be the reason?

Dear doc,
For the past three days, I've water like fluid coming from my nose in the night when i lie down on one side. It does'nt contain any mucus and it is clear in colour. Both the time it came from the left nostril. I dont 've cold or any sinus in the past. I've not met with any head injury also. What could be the reason? I've read about CSF and it is quite scary to have that. I am on a tour, visiting a doc is not really possible for me for atleast a week. Pls suggest some precautions that I should take and the possible reason for this. I smoke too. I dont have any headaches. Tonight after the fluid came from my nose, I am feeling a bit dizzy and 've chllly sensation in my head. Even I've slight numbness in my face. Pls tell me know th cause on asap basis. Is it ok if I ignore this for a couple of days. It leaves me very uncomfortable and is giving me sleepless nights.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

I will require some further information. do you sneeze along with running nose in nights? it happens at your own home or also at other places you go? do you have DNS(deviated nasal symptoms), Any allergies? do you experience frequent sore throat? any feeling of fever with that problem? how the water stops?

Will be waiting for reply

Follow-up: Have runny nose. Feeling dizzy and numbness in face. What could be the reason? 19 hours later
Not sneezing at all. It only happens in the night when I lie down on the bed, mostly on one side. No allergies. Little bit of occasional coughing. No fever also. The water only comes for a few seconds. But like running tap, it comes. Then i feel coolness in my nose. Sometimes it come to the mouth also. But very little. Not like the nose leaking. After leaking, I feel very restless. I dont 've DNS also.
Recently, I went trekking on a mountain which had all these shrubs with distinct plant smell And i had to trekk for over an hour. I am out of town for a project. The place where i am is very humid. The area also had a uranium mine. Could it be because of that? This is just to tell you the situation. I am not sure about the reason.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 25 minutes later
Thanks for the query

This type of rhinorrhea occurring at specific time is most probably due to specific allergy to certain air or something else you are having near to you. sometimes low oxygen levels also cause such symptoms. try antiallergics before you go to bed and then observe the symptoms.