Have rib pain, swollen calves and ankles. Stress test abnormal. Related to rib pain?

I have had some on-going issues with severe right rib pain. it started about march first with just one rib. in the last 4-5 months it now affects my total right rib cage. I had an ultra sound done on my abdomin. During that ultrasound, I advised the technician I was feeling additional pain and asked what it was. she told me it was my liver. the last 8-10 weeks my calves and ankles have been swelling pretty significant with the left being slightly worse. The results of the ultrasound showed a cyst on each kidney. today I had a stress test and the cardiologistb told me the right side of my heart was not pumping very well. He is of course doing additional testing. Angiogram, CT, and echocardiogram. He further stated he wanted to look at my lungs. I have always ate healthy and excercise 5X week. never a smoker and drink very rarely. Could this possibly be related to my severe rib pain?
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 1 hour later
Hello XXXX

As you have told in history, you have been told by the cardiologist that the right side of your heart was not pumping very well, and also you are having swelling in calves and ankles.

I can say from these facts that there is increase in back-pressure in the right side of your heart, which is reflecting back to your lungs vasculature. Echocardiography, angiography and CT scan will tell about more details about pressure in your venous system in lungs, and confirm these facts.

It is POSSIBLE that the pain you are getting might be due to right heart problem and pulmonary congestion.

Other possibility is that the pain can also be due to undetected liver cyst, which mostly presents with bilateral kidney cysts, which can also be checked by CT report.

I would rather advice you to get your tests done and reply with reports, and if you feel any other problems like breathlessness or dyspnea consult to your cardiologist or any emergency care.

Hope this information helped you. Let me know if you need any more clarifications.

Follow-up: Have rib pain, swollen calves and ankles. Stress test abnormal. Related to rib pain? 1 hour later
Thank you so much. I am having shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, As well as low blood pressure, elevated heart rate. I also have great cholesteral levels. Never had high blood pressure. I do go back for the final results on Monday.
If I listen to my body, is it ok to still work-out until then?
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 29 minutes later
NO !!
You are advised not to work out any further, till all your results come back, and you get a green signal from your cardiologist.
You can rather do some simple meditation or yoga, which requires no physical activities from your side !!!
The symptoms shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, as well as low blood pressure is consistent with right heart problems.
Do review with reports.