Have regular loose bowel movement. What could be the reason?

ENT Specialist
i have a problem everyday .i pass motion twice or thrice watery with some stools,one in the morning normal stools and after 3 to 4 hrs loose stools watery everydaynot able pass gas.....i use to consume alchol 4 times i a there any problem in me

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 3 hours later

Well diarrhea is the condition wherein the body experiences frequent passage of watery, unformed stools. Generally, the intestine absorbs the water secreted by stomach, liver and pancreas as well as the water present in the food we consume. When a person gets affected with the disease, the intestine is not able to absorb excess of water. This results in the passage of loose stools.

It is a symptom associated with multiple conditions affecting humans across all ages - right from young kids to the aged people, diarrhea can strike everyone. It may either be in a mild form, acute or even chronic. it would have been better if you could have mentioned the onset and duration of the symptom and if there are any other associated symptoms.

Alcohol causes gastriris and many more problems especially with liver. Though it may not have any relation with loose stools, it is advisable that you reduce the amount of taking alocohol gradually till you stop taking it.

Let me suggest you some Home Remedy For Diarrhea -

- A simple and effective remedy for treating diarrhea would be to take banana along with curd.
- Take ½ tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp ginger juice and 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Intake this mixture twice a day.
- Boil to 2 cups of water and allow it to get warm. Mix 3 tsp of black pepper and 1 ½ tsp of kelp to it. Drink this mixture to cure diarrhea.
- Ginger is also effective in treating diarrhea. Intake ginger tea to stop the cramps and pain.
- Drinking lots of fluids would be beneficial in curing diarrhea. . Drinks like ginger ale or carrot juice is good for making the stools less watery. Avoid taking caffeine and alcohol.

In addition to these if your symptoms have been acute, then you might need a course of antibiotic.

I also encourage you to consult your physician to discuss if the symptoms have been long standing. A few relevant investigations such as colonoscopy may help in defining the cause and its treatment.

Dont worry you will be all rite.

Hope, this will help you. I am ready for future follow ups if any.