Have redness around penis hole, seems irritated, no burning or pain, headache. What is it?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Red around penis hole seems irritated no burning or pain had it long time. Been having headaches. What is it?
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Redness indicates inflammation.It may be normal.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for choosing XXXXXXX

Redness around the urethral opening indicates some sort of inflammation. Sometimes the color of XXXXXXX lining epithelium which is red seen extended outside the opening is nothing to be worried. Moreover as you said that it persists for longer with no irritation it could not be anything serious.
I would like to know some more details on which we can decide whether you need treatment or not.
1.Are you a diabetic?
2.Are you married?
3.Sexual activities
4. Previous infection or discharge from urethral opening
5. Do your sex partner is having any discharge?
As it is persisting for long time it will not be a condition to be attended immediately.
If you could provide further information I could discuss more.
Expecting your response,
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Have redness around penis hole, seems irritated, no burning or pain, headache. What is it? 1 hour later
not a diabetic I dont think but crave soda constantly. not married and have had risky sexual encounters. somebody said they had clamidia once 12 years ago took antibiatics to be sure. got hpv 13 yrs ago that got removed from anus, dont feel like virus ever left though and might have to do with irritation. never had discharge ever but girlfriend gets yeast infection when we have sex . also have had pain in neck near colorbone that comes and goes but might be seperate issue.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be an yeast infection or a normal variation.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to XXXXXXX

Very nice that you are not a diabetic.
HPV is unlikely to have any relation to your present condition. Chlamydia is also very unlikely to be a cause for this redness as you are not having any discharge and burning sensation during urination. It can be ruled out confidently by an urine examination for the presence any pus cells. If it is more than 5 per high power field then you may need further tests for confirmation.
Your problem may be most likely to be due to yeast infection from your girl friend or just a normal variation without any clinical significance.
If you consult a Dermatovenereologist he will be able to confirm or rule out the possibility of yeast infection and treat the same accordingly. If yeast is confirmed your partner also has to be treated
Once again it is nothing serious and yeast can be corrected easily with appropriate anti-fungal creams.
Get well soon.
Dr Murugan

Follow-up: Have redness around penis hole, seems irritated, no burning or pain, headache. What is it? 21 minutes later
sounds good going to doctor thursday to get a blood panel anything I might ask them to look for? I feel my testicles are more sensitive than most peoples also here are a couple pics, there is a mild rash on side of head also if u can see it and purplish dots that occured right on rim that seem to come and go am I at high risk for penil cancer because of hpv?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pictures reveal nothing abnormal. Low risk cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I saw the six pictures sent by you.

I feel that you don't have anything abnormal and you need no treatment.
The pinkish appearance near the opening of the urethra, slight brownish discoloration on the inner aspect of foreskin are all normal for anybody. You need no specific treatment. Just a regular wash with water is sufficient.
It is better to have a blood test panel for STD/HIV as you had risky sexual exposures.
HPV in men is not common to produce penile cancer.
Have a nice day ahead.
Dr S.Murugan