Have red spot in inner corner of eye is sore and had spread. What to do?

I have a red spot in the inner corner of my left eye and have had it for 4 days. It has spread a little further and is now slightly sore. Do I need to see my GP today or wait and see what happens, please?
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

Thank you for posting the query; I have read it with diligence.

It does not seem a serious concern to me as of now. You may want to wait and see what happens for a couple of days.

It is mostly an allergic conjunctivitis. You may consider using artificial tears or eye drops such as refresh tears or add tears.

Maintain adequate hygiene of your eyes. It should be gone in a couple of days. Else, you may want to see your GP after 2-3 days.

Get well soon.