Have red, sore and itchy bump on perineum. Any idea what could be causing this?

Mar 2013
I have a red, sore bump on my perineum that is severely itchy. It also seems to have a white bump on it (maybe a few that I can't see) Any idea what could be causing this? I went to a gynecologist and he's not sure what it is and prescribed me a cream called Fluocinonide that makes it burn severely. Any ideas please
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
Without actually looking at the bump, it is mighty difficult to opine what it could be.
Specially given that your gynecologist could not be sure even AFTER looking.
Am sure you understand what I mean.
Is it possible to upload a picture.
Or possibly give me a more detailed description.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Follow-up: Have red, sore and itchy bump on perineum. Any idea what could be causing this? 1 hour later
its a sore lump that has formed all the way from the end of my vagina to my anus. it is very inflamed and itchy. its red and I'm not sure if its a lump or not but is swollen - raised somewhat the whole way down. this is my third day with it. Its seems to have happened a short time after using a baby wipe to wipe myself since there wasn't any toilet paper where I was at.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
You could be having a boil, or a developing abscess.
This region is notorious for it, and it could have happened after using a contaminated wipe.
It could be a sebaceous cyst, which has got infected.
If it is near to the anus, rarely it could be a prolapsed haemorrhoid.
These are differentials , and the lump is itchy, inflamed and swollen, please show it to another gynecologist.
i fail to see why the ointment was prescribed to you, as it is a steroid containing ointment, and would be given only if the bump was non infectious.
I would advise you to take a second opinion, meanwhile you could use hot water baths or cold ice compresses to relieve the pain.