Have red pimple like spot on upper buttocks. How to get rid of this?

Hello the past 5 days there has been a what seems to be pimple increasing in size day by day. It is painful to sit on and has been getting very red. It is on my upper buttocks probably a inch or a inch and a half away from my lower spine on the right cheek (not in the crack). It does not seem to be getting any better and is about the size of a dime.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
Hello dear,
Thanks for the query and the related photograph.
It looks like a fur-uncle,which is a mid severe form of hair follicle infection.
here is my advice for you.
1.Do hot fomentation, that is warm a cloth and apply it on the dime, do this 3 to 4 times a day. this will help in faster healing and reduce pain.
2. apply an antibacterial ointment like mupirocine.
3. An oral antibiotic is also required.

Dont worry in few days pus will point and then it can be drained. Do not try to squeeze or drain it now, it may become worse.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you