Have red itchy rashes on lower extremities, arms and back. Any suggestion?

Dermatologist
Question
My husband has a rash that resembles ring worm. Red raise circular shaped,itch. They are on his lower extremetiies,a couple on his arm and lower back. Difficult to get him to see anyone. Any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 25 minutes later

In case of ringworm or Tinea Corporis, the lesion is usually a round to oval ring, with a central clearing and some scales as it grows. It might be single and multiple.

Treatment consists of application of a topical antifungal cream twice daily for 2-3 weeks. In certain cases, an oral anti fungal may be required.

There are other possible diagnoses in case of a similar annular shaped lesion as well.
You can upload a picture of his lesions here (in good resolution) in order to help me to guide you better. You can send them to

YYYY@YYYY

with the Subject line as ATTN DR.TANUSHREE BISWAS.

I will be eager to help you with your follow-up questions.

Best Wishes,
DR.TANUSHREE BISWAS