Ask a Urologist   »  

Have red and dry penis head and foreskin. Temporary relief from betamil. Any permanent cure?

Jul 2016

I've had this problem with my penis for well over 2 years now. The head and foreskin are red and dry. When i masturbates, redness appears on my penis very prominently.
Doctor advised me to use betamil, i tried it for around six months, it helped a bit but when i stopped its usage, redness and dryness occurs again. Some other doctor recommended me candid-B cream, it cures temporarily but not permanently. What is the cause of this? How can it be cured? Please explain the cure properly.
Moreover I have not done sex for almost 2 years, yes I masturbates almost every week. Now I am not confident as I was before. I am afraid of not getting erection while in front of any girl. Please help.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have chronic fungal infection of Glans and Foreskin.

This is also one of the presenting symptoms of Diabetes. Have you ever tested your blood sugar levels to rule out Diabetes? If not, get it checked now to rule out the same.

You may take some anti fungal medications like Fluconozole along with topical anti fungal gel for local application. They give added benefits in resolving this problem. Your treating doctor will know about fluconozole; consult him to take a prescription.

However if you are getting repeated episodes of infection and unable to retract the foreskin, it will be better if you get circumcised. This will solve your problem permanently.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Have red and dry penis head and foreskin. Temporary relief from betamil. Any permanent cure? 44 hours later
Dear sir,
I want you to suggest the prescription.
Moreover please explain 'circumcised'. How is it done?
Is circumcising necessary to permanently cure this problem?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Thanks for follow up.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you prescription drugs without examining you clinically. I am sorry about it.

Circumcised means you have to excise foreskin so that you will be free from getting repeated infection of foreskin.
It is a simple surgery done under local anesthesia.
Thanks and Regards.