Have recurring swollen lymph gland and painful bump on outer labia. How to prevent it?

Good

Question
Every few months I get a hard painful bump in the same spot on my outer labia, with a swollen lymph gland beneath. It can take a week to go away. What is this? And how can I prevent it from returning? I otherwise vigorous and extremely healthy, looking more than 20 years younger than my age.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 23 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question,
Swelling of the lymph gland implies there is a cyclical inflammatory process then going on around there.
My suggestion is a good clinical evaluation by a gynecologist and appropriate tests. But will not actually think it should be a very serious condition.
The gynecologist will be of great help. Clinical features on examination and a few paraclinical exams if necessary will be of great help.
Thanks and best regards,
Feel free asking further questions if necessary,
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Have recurring swollen lymph gland and painful bump on outer labia. How to prevent it? 28 minutes later
My questions are two:

1) What causes this cyclic inflammation? Am I correct in assuming some kind of bacteria or virus?

2) I assume this is why you suggested I get tests--and if so, to take some kind of anti-biotic, is this accurate?

Discussion: I don't have a regular MD here in Costa Rica, besides, I've been self-diagnosing and treating myself for decades, mostly with home made organic juices and foods (most I grow), some supplements and herbs, exercise, meditation, and an intentional life of service.

I think I'll try food grade hydrogen peroxide diluted in water on an empty stomach 3 X a day, increasing the drops in water as recommended to eliminate bacteria, viruses, fungus, etc. It will take longer than drugs, but won't destroy any beneficial flora, only the "bad" guys.

Thank you Dr. Engelbert! I appreciate your expertese and help.
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 minute later
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.