Have recurring bruise in leg. Tender to touch. Is it dangerous? Any precaution to be taken?

I am having this recurring brusing in my leg. Almost same place . Is tender as if I hit it but I didn't. Why is that? Is it dangerous? I am traveling overseas now. Any precautions I need to take? I am worried about long flight and this.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

It should not be ignored when you going out of the country and to a place which is not known to you and whom to consult.

The precautionary measure is to check for coagulation profile before you leave abroad. Blood clotting disorders are to be checked. Blood counts, platelet factor, clotting factors and renal function tests are to be conducted.

Some medications like Warfarin and aspirin cause this bruising.

I do not think long flight should be an issue, would not change the way the symptom presents.

Please ask any clarifications if you have.