Have recurrent DVT, taking Coumadin. Is estrogen vaginal cream safe?

Question
Is estrogen vaginal cream safe for a menopausal woman to use if she has recurrent DVT and takes Coumadin daily?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 35 hours later

With your background history of recurrent DVT and intake of Coumadin, in my opinion you should not apply vaginal estrogen cream. Though the systemic side effects are less with vaginal estrogen cream but with your history, I do not think it should be used.

Hope to have answered your query. Do let me know if you have more concerns.

All the best

Follow-up: Have recurrent DVT, taking Coumadin. Is estrogen vaginal cream safe? 4 days later
Thanks...you confirmed what I thought to be correct

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 10 hours later
All the best.