Have rash that looks like scabies and shingles. Is itchy blisters and bleeds. Taking amoxycillin and clavulanic

I have a rash that looks like scabies and looks like shingles? It comes up as a blister then gets itchy and breaks and forms again then forms a crust. Sometimes they bleed. I have had a swab and comes back as bacteria. I have been putting up with this for so long now and so many medications and creams. Presently taking amoxycillin and clavulanic acid 1000mg and kenacomb ointment. It is helping but i have been taking this for approx. 5 weeks. Any answers Deb
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 39 minutes later
Thanks for the query,
I would like to know, these rashes are present on which part of body?
Shingles are present in a particular pattern while scabies is present throughout body.
Another thing is that shingles is mainly associated with pain while scabies is mainly associated with night itch.
The treatment you are taking is mainly for bacterial infection, but treatment of the exact cause is must.

Answer to my question and if possible Upload a photograph of the lesions.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.

Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Follow-up: Have rash that looks like scabies and shingles. Is itchy blisters and bleeds. Taking amoxycillin and clavulanic 8 hours later
Hi. The rash in concern is on the upper legs and right and left torso. When i get hot it becomes really itchy and by placing cold packs on the area helps. Sorry i dont know how to upload the photos. It does look like scabies but my swab result came back as just a bacteria???
It also looks like a blister filled with clear fluid and when it breaks it is itchy and sometimes when i'm itchy a blister will form. It then looks red like you have taken a scab off a small wound and is sore then forms a scab and will take days to heel.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
thanks for the detailed history.
As you mentioned lesion is on both right and left flank, shingles can be ruled out. If you are not able to upload the picture from the right hand side corner of the query page, you can take a picture and send it to YYYY@YYYY with Sub: ATTN DR XXXXXXX
Shingles is almost always unilateral.
Sabies lesions usually get infected and hence only bacteria is grown in swab. You keep taking the antibiotic but along with that also take some scabicidal like ivermectin. Just consult your dermatologist regarding start of ivermectin.
Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you.