Have pus filled blisters on lower stomach. Is it safe to use polisporen on it?

I have two large puss filled blisters on Lower stomach. At first there was a larger area of red skin but now the two blisters have broken and have a solid scab over them. There seems to be infection around them. One is the size of a quarter, one the size of a dime. They showed up two weeks ago. They are not sore or itchy but look terrible. Should I. Use polisporen. What do you think it is?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 10 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

It seems to be a skin infection with blistering and scabbing.
There is no harm in applying polysporin (antibiotic) on the lesions.

Did you have any fever?
Was there any scratch/ trauma to the affected area? Or tight clothing?

It would greatly help if you could upload a photo of the affected area here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)
Keep a watch on spread, fever, pain etc.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!
Follow-up: Have pus filled blisters on lower stomach. Is it safe to use polisporen on it? 20 hours later
picture attached
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 2 hours later
I saw your photo and it does achieve a perfect purpose.
It is a skin infection and the broken blisters are scabbing (black areas). there is surrounding erythema and desquamation. (something like pyoderma gangrenosum)

Was there any fever? Was there any trauma there?
Do you have any more such areas? is there discharge through the scab sometime?

If there is fever, pain , spread you need systemic antibiotics and it is better to show it to your doctor.
If spontaneous, you should check your hemogram, sugars.

You may continue local polysporin application if it is healing.