Have purple rash on chest and back. Smaller spots on back lower and near shoulders. What to do?

I have purple rash on my chest and back
Used to to white blotches now turned purple /It looks like XXXXXXX from a teeshirt but is not. On chest /breast area more on right side and also smaller spots on back lower and some near shoulders.
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 13 minutes later

From your description of the skin rash, it looks like you have developed either some eczematous skin condition or an infective one.
But I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before coming to a diagnosis.
It would be great if yet can click some close up pictures of the skin rash and upload them here on this page. You can also email the pictures to YYYY@YYYY with ref to Dr Geetika Paul.
The pictures will help in reaching an exact diagnosis as we need to differentiate between an allergic skin condition and an infective one as treatment for both these conditions is different.
Also I would like to know the exact duration of the skin rash and whether it is associated with any itching or pain.

I am sure I will be able to help you once you follow up with the above queries and the pictures.

Waiting for your response

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Have purple rash on chest and back. Smaller spots on back lower and near shoulders. What to do? 29 minutes later
I have three kids twins one & Half (boy & girl) and four year old boy. Im not in a life threating place am I meningitis or petechiae and Purpura. My mom just die very qucikly at 66 from liver cancer adn it was just a month ago been under a great deal of stress.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later

See you may be right that the lesions may be petechiae or purpura.
These lesions are usually reddish to purple in color and are totally asymptomatic in nature. These are mostly seen over the dependent parts of the body first which may include legs in a mobile person and back and buttocks in a bed ridden person.
But the development of purpura without any fever ,headache, stiff neck, vomiting and other symptom rules out meningitis at least. So you can be rest assured that it does not look like meningitis.
There is a whole list of causes for such development of skin lesions without any other symptoms.
I think you need to get some basic investigations done first which may include a complete blood profile along with various bleeding parameters.
This will help us to rule out various common causes like thrombocytopenias and bleeding factor deficiencies.
I would advise you to see a nearby dermatologist or a physician for complete and proper assessment of your condition.
Also I would like to know if you have any other symptoms alongside. It would have been better if you could send me some close up pictures of the skin rash.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul