Have purple circular ring-like bruise on breast with a dot in middle. Can it simply be a bug bite? Or is it something else?

Excellent

Question
Hi there. I have a purple circular ring-like bruise on my upper part of breast about quarter-sized. In the middle of it is a grayish pale kind of little solid dot in the middle, and in between that and the outer purple bruise, is a circular regular skin-like ring. It is not tender and does not feel like a lump or bump. Was wondering could it be a bug bite. I have had it for several weeks. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
From your description, it does sound like a big or an insect bite. I would be in a better position to guide you if you can answer the following questions:
a. Does it hurt?
b. Is there any associated itching?
c. Is it possible for to upload a picture of the same? You can use the 'Upload your reports' section on the right.
If it is an insect bite or a big bite, applying calamine lotion should help. Also, taking Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once a day should also help. Applying Dermacort cream or any cream with hydrocortisone on that bruised area twice a day should also help this become better soon.
Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Have purple circular ring-like bruise on breast with a dot in middle. Can it simply be a bug bite? Or is it something else? 6 minutes later
I sent a photo previously. I am sending it again. It does not hurt or itch. The photo is under uploaded new reports.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 13 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
In what I can make out, I can see a central yellow/whitish area surrounded by a bruise. Let me know if I am wrong.
It does seem like an insect bite. It is extremely unlikely it is breast cancer since it is only in the very advanced stages, does breast cancer cause any redness. That stage is called inflammatory carcinoma. I think you should get significant relief with the measures suggested above. It might take about 1-2 weeks to resolve since the bruise will definitely take some time to resolve.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can address any more concerns