Have purple and red spots on the tip of penis. How to get rid of it?

What are the purple and red spots on the tip of my penis?
What can I do to get rid of them?
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
these look like angiokeratomas

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the images attached.These look like angiokeratoma lesions

These are benign lesions which may itch or bleed sometimes on manipulation. These appear as purple red raised bumps. These are commonly seen in males over fifty to years of age over scrotum, penile shaft glans etc. The treatment is to get these lesions removed by electrocautery or cryotherapy or laser ablation.

No medicines would help in its resolution.
Hope that answered your query.
Follow-up: Have purple and red spots on the tip of penis. How to get rid of it? 11 hours later
Hi, thanks for the response - I have a few questions

1. Is it contagious? Can I give this to a partner?
2. anything avilable for the itching (they dont itch to bad
3. How painful is it to have these lazered or electrostatically removed?
4. If I get them removed will they come back?
5. Will getting them removed scar my penis? Can this be done all in one dr. visit or is it multiple visits to remove all of them
6. Can my penis ever look normal again – or once removed will there be holes in my penis where this once was?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please find the answers to your query below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
Here are the answers to your queries.

1) NO it is not contagious, your partner wont get it from you.
2) you may take an antihistamine if they itch too bad. For all symptomatic lesions, getting these removed is best option
3)It would be painless as prior to doing any procedure the area is anaesthetised by local anaesthetic cream.
4. The lesions cauterised or removed are gone forever but new spots may appear.
5. No scarring will be there as its a superficial procedure, however some hyperpigmentation may persist for quite some time after procedure in some patients. It can be done in one sitting or single visit
6. No scarring or holes would be there after procedure, you will regain the normal texture of skin at concerned area.

Hope that answered all your queries.