Have psychogenic ED. Want to know the side effects of Cialis

Question
Hi

I am 30 years old male suffering from psychogenic ED. My question is regarding the side effects of cialis. I have heard that cialis has the same side effects irrespective of the dosage.
Does Cialis 20mg has more side effects than cialis 10mg? In short are the cialis side effects dosage dependent?

I am not asking for the prescription here. Kindly answer my question regarding the cialis side effects only.

Thanks
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 18 minutes later

The most common side effects of Cialis (Tadalafil) are cough, dizziness, mild back or muscle pain, headache, heartburn, flushing of the neck, face or chest, runny nose, and upset stomach and all side effects are dose dependent that means 20 mg Cialis have more side than 10 mg Cialis. Therefore, we doctors are always starting and maintain the lowest effective dose of Cialis.

However, remember one thing clearly that these side effects usually do not require medical attention. If they persist or become bothersome, contact your doctor to discuss alternative solutions.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion, rate the answer, and write a review.
Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Have psychogenic ED. Want to know the side effects of Cialis 1 hour later
hi doctor

Thanks for your reply but i would like to mention that i havent experienced any of the above mentioned side effects. I have done my complete body check up and all of my reports are fine .I dont have any problem with my heart,liver and kidney. nor i have any history of cardiovascular disease in my family.

Can i start with the cialis 10mg at the age of 30?

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 16 minutes later

If you have erectile dysfunction that is diagnosed by a physician and your all blood parameters are normal then you can start Cialis 10 mg based on your physician opinion. Age is not a constraint for taking Cialis but it should start with lowest possible dose. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly