Have problems with periods. Can a fifteen-year old visit the doctor on her own, or with an adult?

May 2013
My Sons 15 year old girlfriend is having problems with her periods, but cannot confide in her Mother (single parent family). Can she visit the doctor on her own, or does she have to be accompanied by an adult ? (I don't feel I can really go with her for obvious reasons)
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
hi J.frankis,

as in diagnosing the cause for irregular periods,
physical examination, ultrasound examination and hormonal evaluation etc may be needed,
so to examine a minor girl adults must accompany her in general,
and ultrasound examination and hormonal evaluation etc needs to pay money at health centers,
so because of all these issues and for medico legal purposes it is good that an adult preferably her mother accompany her,
let her discuss the problem with her mother hope she will understand.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.