Have problem with morning cough and blocked nose. What is best treatment?

Sep 2013

hello sir,i am a resident of Bangalore. i have problem with morning cough. In mornings my nose is blocked always and i face lot of coughing but as the day progress it goes.could plz help me with my morning cough.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cough treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXXXX Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. I would come up with these possibilities for this morning cough , these includes. 1 Asthmatic allergic bronchitis, diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination . There develops whistling sound during breathing, cough ( usually dry & hacking), irritation in nose, watery eyes , itching over face, post nasal discharge, stuff ( blocking )nose. 2 Tuberculosis , diagnosis can be confirmed by X ray chest .If duration of cough is from long time ( as you didn't mention it in query). 3 Bronchiectasis , diagnosis can be confirmed by sputum examination with X ray chest. Usually cough associated with expectoration ( you didn't mention in query). In my opinion you are having cough with blocked nose due to some sort of allergy. In this type of condition I usually prescribe antihistamine + bronchodilator ( monteleukast + bambuterole ) along cough syrup (benadryl). Predisposing factors for this cough is. Mite, dust , fine dusting powder, hay ,SUDDEN FALL & RISE of temperature ( in your case decrease in temperature early in the morning may be a predisposing factor). If possible avoid these factors and allergens. Still you didn't get relief then consult a physician and get his opinion. Hope I have answered your question. If further any question I will help. Good luck Dr. HET