Have problem with damp and moist feeling inside penis mostly near the tip. Not UTI or STD. Suggest?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi i have a problem with a damp/moist feeling inside my penis mostly near the tip. Its not a uti or std
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello, Thanks for the query, Feeling of dampness or moistness on tip of penis is due to production of smegma by glands of penis. Its not an std. I would like to know the following additional things. 1. What is your age ? 2. Since when you have this dampness? 3. Is there any associated itch or any other symptoms? Waiting for your response. Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
Feeling of dampness or moistness on tip of penis is due to production of smegma by glands of penis. Its not an std. I would like to know the following additional things.
1. What is your age ?
2. Since when you have this dampness?
3. Is there any associated itch or any other symptoms? Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: Have problem with damp and moist feeling inside penis mostly near the tip. Not UTI or STD. Suggest? 39 minutes later
Im 30 and ive had these symptoms since about 3-4 months ago. At first i had uti like symptoms if frequent urge to pee. My doctor put me on a course of antibiotics which sort of work and then he booked me into a cystoscopy. By the time the cystoscopy was performed nothing was showing up in the operation. I have erection problems since these sumptoms occured and am worried it could be prostatitis or sonething like that.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello, Its a matter of worry if it followed after uti There is a possibility of prostatitis but erection may not be associated with this. Please get an trans rectal ultra sonography done. This will help in ruling out prostatitis. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Its a matter of worry if it followed after uti
There is a possibility of prostatitis but erection may not be associated with this.
Please get an trans rectal ultra sonography done. This will help in ruling out prostatitis.
Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you