Have problem of shakiness in legs and hands when doing any work. How to overcome this?

Dec 2014

I m facing problem, vibrations in hands n legs whenever i do any tough work or whenever i get nervous. what disease is this, what can i do to overcome this
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 24 minutes later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are a young male and you have problem of shakiness in legs and hands when ever you are doing some important work.

It is a common problem and most likely it is due to some Anxiety Disorder. In anxiety symptoms like tremors, vibrations, palpitations, restlessness etc symptoms are seen. Before going to treatment I would advise you to get few investigations done.
- Get your blood checked for Hemoglobin, Vitamin B12 levels. Low B12 levels are one of important cause of such symptoms.
- Get your thyroid function levels checked. Hyperthyroidism is one of important cause of tremors and anxiety.

Now coming to treatment. It consists of Medicinal and Non Medicinal treatment.
Medicines like SSRIs as Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, Sertaline etc are very useful in anxiety. For episodic control of anxiety medicines like Alprazolam, Clonazepam can be used. For detailed evaluation I would advise you to please visit a good Psychiatrist.

Non Medicina treatment like Relaxation Methods as Progressive Muscle Relaxation Techniques, Breathing Exercises, Yoga etc. are very useful in controlling such symptoms.

Hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more questions you can ask again in follow up.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD