Have primary liver cancer wrapped around the hepatic nerve and partially blocking the bile duct. Had put up a stent. What now?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have primary liver cancer that has been diagnosed has unable to operate on or transplant. Much of the tumor is wrapped around the hepatic nerve and partially blocking the bile duct. I had a stent put in so bile can flow to the small intestines in hoping this would lower my bilirubin level. I am in extreme pain, have no appetite and can hardly move and feel close to death. (My son is writing this for me)

We have read about the studies of the benefits of caanabis and cannabinoids in shrinking hepatic tumors, stimulating appetitie and pain relief. Should we try to safely injest thc through a marijuana vapor machine that cuts out smoke carcinogens? My son it would increase my current quality of life.
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
It is unfortunate to learn that the tumor is inoperable.
Palliative narcotic pain relief is the only treatment for your existing condition.
Regarding studies with cannabis containing compounds there is no prospective trial on tumor shrinkage or palliative pain relief in hepatic tumors. Therefore one cannot scientifically recommend this to you as an alternative form of treatment.
I hope this answers your doubt.
With regards