Have pressure inside the vagina and bleeding from the clitoris. What could be causing this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
I am 77 and sometimes I bleed from the clitoris - sometimes just a little and sometimes quite a bit. It happens about every 2 to 3 months. Prior to the bleed off, I have a building of pressure inside the vagina area that goes away after the clitoris bleed. Thanks for being here.
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

The possible causes are:
Atrophy of the lower genital tissue due to decreased estrogen levels with progression of age.
That can lead to exposure of underlying blood vessels which can bleed with minimal friction etc.
The building pressure you are noticing inside the vagina may be because of the formation of hematoma in the clitoris due to bleeding. When it releases the collected blood you may be feeling revealed of pressure.

Sometimes bleeding from urethra like because of urethral caruncle etc. or bleeding from the vagina can appear as bleeding from the clitoris.
So you once consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the actual cause of your problem and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.