Ask a Dentist   »  

Have pressure headache. Had sinus surgery. Prescribed with predozone. Having pain in face and under eye, infection in tooth.

I have a constant pressure headache for the last few months. Had sinus surgery 8 weeks ago. ENT doctor
prescribed antibiotic(Bartram?) and Predozone which I just finished. I have pain on my left side of my face and under my left eye. I don't have a fever but I sweat in bed at night and my head sweats too!
I have a dentist appt on Wednesday to see if I have an upper tooth infection. Front upper left tooth is a little
loose, but not much pain if I press on it.
I had a head CATSCAN done about 5 weeks ago that was completely normal according to my family Dr.
I'm starting to worry. I'll be 70 in XXXXXXX
Thank you for your courtesy. XXXXXXX

Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

What you describe is probably an inflammation or infection of either the sinuses possible or the teeth. More compatible with sinusitis however.

A clinical exam is important. Left untreated or poorly treated could lead to serious complications like spread to the brain or mastoid processes.

Special X rays for the integrity of the sinuses are still very relevant. Hirtz incidence especially, considering the pain is below the eye is very suggestive of maxillary sinusitis.

Consult your ENT specialist for a complete reevaluation and follow up. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.

Best regards,
Dr Luchuo, MD.