Have polycystic ovary. Trying to conceive. Missing period. Is there any possibility of pregnancy?

hi i am 36 yrs i have 1 son who is 9yrs.i am presently trying to conceive i have polyliestic ovaries before i had my 2011 i did a doctor put me on metlformid,folic acid,asprine and when the periods come 2day presently my last periods was on december 14 to decenber 17 2012 .i am now 1 week late feeling sometimes like if the periods is coming but its not,only to wake up this morning with a heaviness on my leftside .i am wondering if i am pregnant taking a pregnancy test is not my frist option because i am getting tried of all the negtive test
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.

Sorry for trouble of multiple tests. Already your menses is late by a week. There is a possibility of pregnancy. Live with a hope for two more weeks. You do not need to take home pregnancy test.

If you menstruate then you can directly go for ultrasonography for confirmation of pregnancy. It will be definitive test. It will not cause trouble for you. If you feel persistent heaviness or pain then you need to consult your gynaecologist again.

Continue with your medication.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further concern, please let me know.