Have pimples on the shaft of penis. Why are there brown spots and burns when I urinate? What are they?

Dermatologist
Question
have what look like pimples on the shaft of my penis and two on the head. The ones on the head have a little brown spot in the middle. It also burns a little when i pee. The 'pimples' don't itch or hurt and when i popped one it looked like white stuff came out.

I realize I did not post a specific question. Can you diagnose? How certain are you in your diagnosis?
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing in.

Morphologically ( the look of it), this looks like Genital Herpes.
But before being sure of the diagnosis, I would like you to answer the following questions?

How long do you have these now, for?

Do the blisters come and go? Or, are they persistent?

Do you recall having sexual intercourse a week prior to the appearance of these pimples?

Have you ever noticed a fluid coming our of them or formation of an erosion after you pop out the pimple? If yes, then how long does it take for healing of the eroded skin.

Please answer the questions as the answers are crucial to reach on a diagnosis and further work up shall also be decided based on it.

Awaiting your response

Thanks

Follow-up: Have pimples on the shaft of penis. Why are there brown spots and burns when I urinate? What are they? 3 hours later
I had oral sex 1 week ago. I started having a little burning when I urinated right away but I only noticed the bumps a couple days ago.
I don't know if they come or go, they have only come so far. I don't have any more than I noticed yesterday.
Yes, it was one week exactly.
I don't have any fluid or erosion that I see from the one I popped.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 23 hours later
OK.
Thanks for reverting.

Genital Herpes is high on my differential diagnosis.

You may now consult a venereologist personally and have yourself properly examined.

The tests that may be ordered are Herpes 1 and 2 serology to confirm the diagnosis and a skin scraping may be done.

Treatment wise there is not much that we can do as of now as antiviral medication wont be of much help at this stage.

The best way forward now is to see a venereologist personally with a provisional diagnosis of Genital Herpes (which should be confirmed).

Thanks

Follow-up: Have pimples on the shaft of penis. Why are there brown spots and burns when I urinate? What are they? 1 hour later
Thanks, I saw a doctor, who agreed with you, and the blood results are scheduled back Wednesday.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 24 hours later
Ok.please give me posted

Thanks