Have pelvic inflammatory pain. Ultrasound showed irregular walls, cysts, septations, probe tenderness. How serious is it?

Good

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hi,i am 24 years old.i have a complex hypoechoic cystic lesion with in right ovary of size 41x38 mm and size of right ovary is 56x48 mm.ultra sound reports shows unilocular thin walled cyst.shows irregular walls.full of XXXXXXX debris and small focal septations seen.probe tenderness present over the site.hemorrhagic cyst is present in right overy..for a past 5 days i suffered by pelvic inflammatory mild pain.my question is how much it is XXXXXXX ?
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for query.

Based on your age and scan reports it appears to be ‘dermoid cyst’ of the ovary.

If I were to be your treating doctor, I would suggest the following tests:
1) Serum CA-125 Levels
2) MRI of pelvis to see contents of cyst and density.

Please see gynecologist with these reports who can guide you regarding various surgical & non surgical options of treatment.

The cysts noted in the scans concerns me. I request you not to neglect the condition and plan your visit to a gynecologist at the earliest.

I hope I answered your query. Should you have any more queries, you are welcome to post them; I will be glad to guide you further.

Follow-up: Have pelvic inflammatory pain. Ultrasound showed irregular walls, cysts, septations, probe tenderness. How serious is it? 19 minutes later
thank you doctor...size of my right ovary is 56mm x 48mm..is it normal size?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 18 minutes later
Hi and thanks again,

The size is larger than normal. Hence I suggest you to get the test and the visit to your gynecologist.

Kindly follow them as suggested.

Wish you good health.

If you have no more queries, please close this discussion. Yet, I will be glad to answer any other follow up queries.

Follow-up: Have pelvic inflammatory pain. Ultrasound showed irregular walls, cysts, septations, probe tenderness. How serious is it? 1 hour later
I visited two gynecologists. One told that, it is a small hemorrhagic cyst in ovary,it is not a problem. That is why I am asking is it critical or not?

Thanks for writing back.
If it is small haemorrhagic cyst it should disappear in next cycle. If it persists you need to evaluate.
The radiologist should be able give you the report whether it is a haemorrhagic cyst or not.

Hence I suggest you can go ahead with the previously mentioned test if cyst persists in the next cycle also.