Have pcos. Took ginette and metformin. Took ipill after protected sex. Could I be pregnant?

I am 23 yrs old and have pcos since 1 yr. At the start of the disease doctor prescribed me ginette 35 and metformin. I took that and had periods for about two months with medication. But later I discontinued. Since last to last month doctor gave me a medicine and I had my periods with that. After my periods got over I had sex with my boyfriend but we were using a condom and I took I pill after that. Generally I have not been having my periods since I was told I had pcos. Is it possible that I could be pregnant when I had sex.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 5 hours later

Thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) is due to hormonal imbalance and the menstrual cycles are generally irregular and anovulatory (without ovulation). Besides that, since the protective measure (condom) was used and you also took I pill this time after sex, the chances of pregnancy are minimal.

I pill is a hormonal pill which will prevent implantation (attachment) of fertilized ovum and is highly effective if taken within 72 hours of intercourse.

You can always consider getting an urine pregnancy test done if you highly suspect pregnancy.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.