Ask a Dentist   »  

Have painful lump on upper and lower jaw. Periodontal cleaning done. Easy way to get cure?

I have a very painful pea sized lump where my upper and lower jaw XXXXXXX on the right side only. The pain has fluctuated for almost 2 weeks from extremely painful to barely noticeable.  thinking it was a tooth problem I went to the dentist and they completely cleaned filled and stabilized the right side of my mouth however the pain is still present and seems to radiate through the upper right quadrant. Number 3 had a full root canal never crowned and lost a filling that was refilled a few days later the rest of my mouth received fillings nd a periodontal cleaning
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The lump may be raised to many factors-

1.Chronic cheek biting

2.Impacted wisdom tooth which has infected and not yet removed.

3.Peri-apical infection spread into causing abscessed lump.

I would suggest you to-

Visit your dentist to check the occlusion of posterior teeth,malaligned teeth has to be corrected orthodotically using appliances.

IMPACTED TOOTH if any can be diagnosed through x-ray of the affected site. if PRESENT, the tooth has to be extracted out by your dentist.

The root-canal treated tooth has to be checked radiologically,if periapical infection occurs with the tooth, RE-RCT has to be done and then crown has to be placed.

Meanwhile, take antibiotics -analgesics in complete course prescribed by your dentist

I wish you good health.

Hope this clarifies.
Please feel free to ask further concerns if any.