Have pain in shoulder. Getting locked jaw. Should I take cyclobenzapr muscle pil?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
got pain in right shoulder on my back goes up to my right jaw like I getting lock jaw, feels funny , hurts at shoulder, neck, jaw to right ear. Should I take cyclobenzapr--muscle pill???
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
The pain that you have described is likely to be due to a muscle pull or sprain. Taking the muscle relaxant- cyclobenzaprine should be helpful. You can also do a hot fomentation in the area and apply a local analgesic gel for a better relief. Do take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen also with meals for a better effect.
In case the pain is persistent for more than 3 days then do consult your physician for physical examination and stronger pain killers and muscle relaxants.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Have pain in shoulder. Getting locked jaw. Should I take cyclobenzapr muscle pil? 14 minutes later
I am also argophobic, ocd, I take cybalta and worry. I have a fear of death when I have these spells as I call them it makes me think I am having a heart attack, I know these spells ain't a panic attack, I can't understand why my jaw and ear hurts, I was just laying here on bed and got pain in shoulder bladder and it /pain came around to the bottom of my mouth like I was choking, I got scared. Thank you I goona take a advil pill. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The mild pain killer or the muscle relaxant are not likely to interact with cymbalata. The muscle spasm can be aggravated by anxiety. Taking Advil will also help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.