Have open sore or lesionon feet. Not cured by medication. Now on cumidin. Effective remedy?

My husband has on both feet.. problem with his 4 and 5 toes, open leasions, sores, callus line behind the toes, seepage and fluid of a pink to red color. He has been to his family Dr., podiatrist, dermatoligist and 4 hosp. facilities, has taken 4 types of pills 6 different creams, various soaks, powders NOTHING is working.....64 yr old male light smoker, was more,but has cut down, BP good135/55 weight 201 6'2" no other apparent health problems, he is on 10mg/7.5 mg cumidin alternating days level most recent was 2.2 gets regular Dr. visits 3-4 weeks. he has been told it is Ath. Feet, but this has been ongoing for 15 months........
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
I suggest be sent for culture and sensitivity tests. This should permit exclusion of possibility of bacterial infection or fungal infection. Fasting blood glucose levels should be done to exclude diabetes mellitus. A cytologic analysis should be done. Biopsies of the callus and borders of the fluid secreting regions sent for pathologic and histologic analysis to exclude a skin tumour.
I suggest another visit maybe to another podiatrist and dermatologist might be useful.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.