Have numbness and tingling feeling in forearm. How to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a numbness and tingling feeling in an area on my left forearm. I starting feeling this after I popped a big pimple. and now I am starting to see that my forearm is smaller thin my right arm. can you help me understand this?
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
The difference in the size of your forearm associated with feeling of numbness is likely to be due to a nerve related problem. It can be due to a pinched nerve due to nerve compression at the level of elbow or armpit or neck. A direct examination will help in proper diagnosis. It is not likely to be associated with the pimple you popped few days ago.
You can consult a neurologist for a proper diagnosis and related specific management. Meanwhile taking methylcobalamin supplements will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.