Have numb tingling sensation in meth injected area. How to ease the sensation?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Reference HCM30296, the past 24 hours ive multiple times injected meth with a needle in the same vein. i didnt release the band i used to create the pressure to enlarge the veins until after i removed the needle because it was too tight to loosen immediately. The site of injections is slightly knotted and has a numb tingly burning thats constant, its only been hours. What might this be? how do i ease the sensation & reduce the small knots in the vein?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Warm pack to area. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Removing the needle before releasing the band will cause blood to leak out of the vein under pressure. This will result in a small collection of blood (hematoma) which will become slightly hard over the following hours. This will possibly feel like a knot and may be tender to touch and if near a nerve may produce a tingling. It is not serious and will disappear over the next 24-48 hours. I suggest a cool pack applied to the area will help. Avoid this vein for at least a week until it fully recovers. I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA