Have noticed a small lump, reddish colour swelling on scrotum behind penis. Applied sarfaz. Advise?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
I have noticed a small lump reddish color swelling on the scrotum just behind the penis. I have applied SARFAZ SN THE swelling has decreased buy not fully what treatment is advisable
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The small reddish lump on the scrotum looking like a bacterial skin infection such as a pustule or infected sebaceous cyst.

This type of skin infections of scrotum require local application of an antibacterial cream such a mupirocin thrice daily for 5 to 7 days.

Avoid wearing tight undergarments.

Wear loose cotton underwear for aeration and to prevent excessive sweating.

But physical examination is required to accurately diagnose a skin condition.

Therefore I advise you to consult the doctor to inspect the skin of involved area and for the prescription of medication.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have noticed a small lump, reddish colour swelling on scrotum behind penis. Applied sarfaz. Advise? 38 minutes later
IT might be bacterial infection owing to the hot humid climate out here in guwahati. I will apply mupirocin as suggested by you and wait for a few more days , I feared that it was some testicle tumor. thanks doc

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 12 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

Because of hot climate and excessive perspiration the scrotal area is more prone for infections with bacteria and fungus.

Nothing to worry about testicle tumors as they present with an enlarged swelling inside the scrotum.

If the lump is not getting down, increasing in size, or pus is filled, or spreading, consult the doctor for physical examination and for prescription of medication.

Hope I have answered your query, if you don't have any clarification you can close the discussion and I request you to kindly rate my answer to improve myself to answer the queries in a better way.

Regards.