Have node near collarbone. Blood count and mammogram normal. Earlier had chest infection. Should I be concerned?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
hi
I have a small node near my collarbone..have had it 2 yearsand its not grown..seems slightly less than 1 cm..had full blood count which was normal,...chest x XXXXXXX last year normal...,mammogram clear....also had ultrasound this week and the radiologist said shotty node too small to put needle in...I had a chest infection about the time I noticed it 2 years ago...she also said where it is would be XXXXXXX to try to cut it out as there are major blood vessels etc there..should I still be concerned ..also I have got into the habit of touching it regularly..will this have aggravated it?
also it does not protrude the skin.and is vey mobile
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Hi
Small nodes near the collarbone are not unusual in healthy individuals. In any case as it has not grown over last 2 years, it does not appear significant to me.
It is too small for needle aspiration and all other tests are normal. Hence I see no reason to be concerned.
Touching does not aggravate lymph nodes so don't worry about that.

If you have any other query, I will be happy to answer it.

Best wishes and warm regards.

Follow-up: Have node near collarbone. Blood count and mammogram normal. Earlier had chest infection. Should I be concerned? 34 hours later
i stupidly googled this an it said lymph nodes in the area of collarbone usually were a bad sign..thankyou for your reasurance on this matter.. XXXXXXX
I also have a health anxiety and constantly worry about my health..my dr said my blood tests would show if there was any cancer as the white cells would be crazy and there would be inflammation..and as isaid all these were clear..i will not google again I have promised her..she felt it too and also agreed with radiologist its a shotty node which has protected me from illness.
also I only feel it if I press right into my collarbone as it dos not protrude the skin
What is a normal size for s lympnode

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 8 hours later
Normal size is upto 1 cm in that area. But I sincerely feel that your node is not of concern. Please stop googling as in healthcare it is very confusing sometimes.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Have node near collarbone. Blood count and mammogram normal. Earlier had chest infection. Should I be concerned? 15 minutes later
Thank you for your feedback I have spent another night worrying I have lymphoma or some other cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 32 minutes later
You are most welcome.

Follow-up: Have node near collarbone. Blood count and mammogram normal. Earlier had chest infection. Should I be concerned? 1 hour later
So you think I should just forget about it ad it is nothing to worry about..that's what my drs say.

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 minutes later
Yes, that is what I say

Follow-up: Have node near collarbone. Blood count and mammogram normal. Earlier had chest infection. Should I be concerned? 8 minutes later
Thank you so much...I am very grateful as this was worrying me that I had lymphoma..which neither my Dr or you think I have i s my Dr right in saying something.
would certainly show up in my full blood count if it were anything cancerous?
Thank you XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 10 hours later
not all time lymphoma shows up in blood counts but as I said, a small node unchanged for many years cannot be lymphoma.
so forget it and relax.