Have nagging dull abdominal ache and also at back. Suggest?

I have nagging dull ache in my left abdominal also around into my back ,the back ache is more up under my ribs.
This came on about 24 hours ago.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some common possible causes of this pain.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
There could be many causes of this type of pain. Almost any organ in the given area may produce this pain. e.g. it could be a problem with your urinary tract like stone or infection ( more likely if you have any symptoms of burning or blood during micturition.
It could be a bowel problem similar to what you have experienced before, specially if you have any bowel symptoms like constipation or diarrhea.
It could be a sign of pancreatitis if this has a relation to food intake.
It can well be a problem arising from any muscular pull or strain, in that case it is likely to be related to movement.
These are some of the common causes. You may try some pain killers (whichever you are comfortable in taking), if this settles good enough, if not, please see a doctor for clinical examination & a thorough systemic review to pin point the cause & to get specific treatment.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have nagging dull abdominal ache and also at back. Suggest? 3 hours later
Thank you for your answer Dr.
I took 2 pain killers a few hours ago and I got relief,but I will take your advice
and contact my Doctor here in Dunedin NZ.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is a good news

Detailed Answer:
Good to know that you are feeling better now.
You are welcome here with all your questions.
Have a nice day.