Have multiple calculi in gall bladder, did not have attack, no pain. Want to remove it

hi Doctor I have a multiple calculi measuring 2 mm to 7 mm in gall bladder but I am never suffering from any attack or nor having any pain but I wish to remove it so what to do please advice
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 34 minutes later

Gall bladder calculi is a very common issue and operation is not indicated in all cases.

Only when there is an acute attack of cholecystitis or if these attacks recur frequently one might opt for operation.

Again you should give a thought to side effects particularly digestion related, which are common after removal of gall bladder.

In many patients gall bladder calculi can resolve on their own.

So ideal approach would be to follow them up on sonography.And get operated only when indicated.

Hope this answers your question.